Wednesday, May 02, 2007

a new chapter...

I have so many things I want to write about right now. So many thoughts and ideas going through my head I don't really know where to start. I guess I will just pick a spot and go with it.
Well, yesterday was officially my last day of class....FOREVER!!! I will never have to sit in a classroom for school again (unless of course I choose to go to grad school, but we will cross that bridge when we get there :). I still have two tests next week, but NO MORE CLASS! It is a weird feeling that I don't really think has sunk in yet. This has led me to other thoughts about where I am going next and what I want to allocate time for. A blog that read from Ali Edwards has been exploring the idea of taking what she calls your life temperature. This consists of weighing your priorities and trying to achieve a sort of balance that works best for you. Also, in leu of spring, (even though we really don't have that springy feeling here in AZ) I have been itching to clean stuff out, simplify, and focus on what I want to be a part of my daily life. We have 13 weeks left here before we go to Pennsylvania and I can't wait to go through all my stuff and get rid of some of it. I am definitely not a pack rat and have never had a problem getting rid of stuff. I hate when I start to feel like my stuff overwelms and controls me. I just went through my closet last week and got rid of two bags of clothes. I still had stuff from highschool in there (and I graduated 6 years ago!). It felt good and makes getting dressed in the morning easier without have to weed out all the stuff that doesn't fit, or is worn out. It is better for the self-esteem too I think. So, that is my goal for this first week without classes. Set a sort of schedule for myself and really think about what I want to do and stick to it (that is always the toughest for me). Well that does it for now. I will keep you updated on the process :)

No comments: