Wednesday, March 14, 2007

DAY TWENTY SIX--sorry sister.





Sorry Marlana if you checked my blog...I told you I was going to post pictures last night and I didn't :) Anyway here is that post.




1. I got my internship!!!! This summer I will be working at the Petersen house for a couple of months. I went yesterday, and it wasn't even like and interview, she just told me what we were doing and said welcome aboard! I am so insanely excited. Here is a low down on what I will be getting to do (beware, unless you are into history and design, this might sound boring). Yesterday I got a tour of the house from a very knowledgable woman named Judy. Amazing. I learned so much, it was a lot to try to take in and remember though. Anyways, I will be stopping by in a couple weeks to pick up some literature to read before I start the project and to do a textile analysis for one of my classes. Then, come May I will be helping in the planning for the makeover of one of the upstairs bedrooms. It is currently in 1930s style and we will be changing it to late Victorian/ 1900s. I will be gathering resources on draperies, furniture, wallpaper etc. I cannot wait!




2. This week since I was on vacation I decided to start an herb garden. I obtained a shelf from Dave that I put in front of our window by the stairs. I went to Lowes and bought a peppermint plant, african violet, and generic foliage house plant (those are the ones in the picture) a basil plant and a rosemary plant(they are outside because they need more sun). I also braided some hemp together and hung it about the stand to hang the herbs to dry once they are large enough to pick. I am so excited. I am determined not to let these plants die.




3. This is my last day of "vacation" I technically don't have school until Tuesday, but today is my last homework free day, then its back to the grind stone. That is ok though, I have had time to try new things and relax for a while and no I only have 1.5 months left. :)




4. Right now I am importing all of our cds into our iTunes (what a task), preparing items to take to the postoffice which include a letter for my grammy for her birthday, an art journal I am starting with Heidi, postcards, and stuff I am sending to the lawyer. Also hoping to squeeze in some reading, the grocery store, and crafting :) Enjoy the day.

No comments: